14. A Consumer Buyer shall have the right to cancel for any reason a contract for Goods bought online or by catalogue in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“Consumer Right of Cancellation”). Your right to cancel starts on the date on which we confirm acceptance of your order and ends fourteen days after the delivery of the Goods. If your order is delivered in separate instalments of Goods then the end date for cancellation will be fourteen days after the day on which the last instalment of Goods is received by you. This cancellation right does not apply in the case of Special Order Goods which shall not be returnable under the terms of this clause.
15. If you wish to exercise your Consumer Right of Cancellation under clause 14 you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this would be to inform Pro-Bolt in writing by email, detailing the Consumer Buyer’s name, address and sales order number in the notification (you can use our sample email here). You can also inform us of your cancellation by telephone, fax and post, the contact details you should use can be found here on our Contact Us internet page.
16. If a notice of cancellation is received by Pro-Bolt in accordance with clause 15 and the Goods have already been dispatched by Pro-Bolt then the Consumer Buyer shall become liable to return the Goods to Pro-Bolt forthwith, to such address as directed by Pro-Bolt in their original packaging (and without having been installed or used and with all relevant seals and enclosures intact, save that the Consumer Buyer is entitled to handle the Goods to establish their nature, characteristics or functioning). Please refer to our Delivery and Returns Page for instructions as to how to return the Goods (including obtaining a returns reference prior to returning the Goods)
17. Where goods purchased by the buyer are alleged to be defective, Pro-Bolt agrees to accept a return of such goods for inspection and report (without Pro-Bolt replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser also accepts that it is reasonable to inform the seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption. Parts modified or adapted by the purchaser shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall the Company be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification as a result of such modification.
15. Competition goods are supplied for specialist use and are subject to extreme heat and stress whilst in use. Life expectancy and durability are greatly reduced and purchasers should note that any claim for failure/wear, shall not be entertained by the Company. It is acknowledged by the buyer of such goods that the foregoing statement shall be a relevant and important issue in any claim brought against the Company and the Company shall, in turn, place importance upon this clause. In addition, parts connected to parts supplied by this company may be placed under stress where specialist/competition parts are used, and purchasers should take advice from experts prior to purchase. Manufacturers may also limit guarantees when components are installed for competition use.
16. Where goods are defective, incorrectly supplied, delayed or otherwise in breach of the implied terms of the buyers statutory rights, all losses which result from loss of competition points, awards, loss of entry fees or other similar losses, are excluded and shall not be reclaimable from the Company. In addition, the company shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by the Companies own negligence.
17. Pro-Bolt allows a Consumer Buyer in the UK to return Goods up to AMOUNT weight for free by using the Freepost Address detailed on the Delivery and Returns Page on the Internet Site. Any Goods over the specified weight or being returned from Consumer Buyer outside of the UK should be returned at the Consumer Buyer’s sole expense to the Standard Returns Address
18. The Consumer Buyer is required to return the Goods in accordance with clauses 16 and 17 within no less than fourteen days starting with the day after the Consumer notifies Pro-Bolt of the cancellation of the contract. If the Consumer Buyer fails to return the Goods within that time, Pro-Bolt shall be entitled to collect the Goods from the Consumer Buyer and to recover any reasonable costs involved in such collection from the Consumer Buyer
19. Within fourteen days of receipt of your notice of cancellation, or if the Goods have been dispatched to you within fourteen days of Pro-Bolt’s receipt of the returned Goods, Pro-Bolt shall refund you the price you paid for the Goods. Please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. Pro-Bolt shall also refund you any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the cost of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer
20. Where Goods purchased by the Buyer are alleged to be defective, Pro-Bolt agrees to accept a return of such Goods for inspection and report (without Pro-Bolt replacing the said Goods prior to such inspection). Please refer to our Delivery and Returns Page for returns. The Buyer accepts that it is reasonable to inform the Seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the Seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption. Parts modified or adapted by the Buyer shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall Pro-Bolt be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification as a result of such modification
21. If you have returned Goods to us under clause 20 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will (following our inspection and providing that inspection confirms the fault/mis-description) refund the price of the Goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the Goods to us (providing that the Freepost Address is used for return where available).
22. Goods purchased and delivered to the Consumer Buyer (that are not subject to the Consumer Right of Cancellation) may be returned if they are returned within AMOUNT days and in complete, in a re-saleable condition and have not been fitted, installed or used and with all relevant seals and enclosures intact. If you wish to return items in accordance with this clause 22 please contact Pro-Bolt in advance in order to obtain a returns reference. A refund, credit or exchange (as requested) will be issued within fourteen days of receipt of the returned Goods however any delivery charges will not be refunded. The cost of return of these items shall be the same as set out in Clause 17 above.
23. Goods ordered by the Buyer may not be compatible with vehicles which have been modified, adapted or altered. Where Goods ordered by the Buyer are not compatible by reason of modification, adaptation or alteration (and are not subject to the Consumer Right of Cancellation), Pro-Bolt may accept such Goods back into stock entirely at its discretion, and Pro-Bolt shall either issue a refund or credit to the Buyer except where Goods are ordered to the personal specification of the Buyer (“Special Order Goods”) where no such refund, exchange or credit will be available or given
24. Special Order Goods shall not be returnable